Late spring. We are now officially entering the marvelous season in Portland. That means gorgeous weather and cheerful citizens from now well into October. This part of the year is why everyone wants to be here. Let’s forget about the rest of the year (hint: dim, misty). Let’s just talk about the wonderful things.
Like Responsive Field Day, this September 25 (Friday) at Revolution Hall here in marvelous-season Portland. We announced the event back in March, but now it’s time to up the ante with some real details.
The first half of our confirmed speaker roster looks like a dream team of responsive all-stars.
- Stephanie Rieger, consummate researcher whose humanist talks explore anthropological and technical realms
- Ethan Marcotte, who, you know, invented Responsive Web Design. And who also weaves a riveting presence in his talks.
- Jeremy Keith, whose impact on web practices are legion, and who spices up the discourse on any panel.
- Yesenia Perez-Cruz, who synthesizes her talents in writing, communication and graphic arts for a nuanced perspective on responsive challenges.
- Jen Simmons, whose powerhouse weekly podcast _The Web Ahead_ is on the required listening list for those who build the web.
- Brad Frost, whose bounding enthusiasm and thought leadership have helped to lead us toward a clearer responsive future.
And that’s only the first half! We’re kind of giddy with excitement right now. Stay tuned: we’ll announce the rest of our speakers soon.
Tickets will go on sale soon. They’ll be $175. We are keeping ticket prices low so that more of you can join us.
Any proceeds from the event will be donated to programs that support open web technologies, the tech community and education.
The whole Cloud Four crew hopes you can join us for Responsive Field Day!