Are you emphatically excited about mobile technology? Do you build iPhone apps in your spare time? Not sure if Androids dream of electronic sheep, but you’re working on an HTML5-based app that will answer the question definitively?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic mobile developer to join our team: someone who falls on the engineering side of the development spectrum, but is also comfortable with front-end technology.
We’re a small agency focused on building mobile and web solutions for our customers. We believe in cross-platform solutions and advocate a mixture of mobile web, native, and hybrid approaches to mobile development depending on the project objectives.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is flexible, open to new technologies, and a quick learner. Mobile is fast-paced and constantly changing. We’re looking for someone who sees opportunities and challenges amongst the many different mobile devices and their inconsistent behavior.
Cloud Four was founded in November 2007 by four mobile and Web enthusiasts. Our mission is to create usable, inspired mobile and web applications using standards-based technologies. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to local businesses, and our projects vary in audience and scope accordingly.
This is a full time position on-site in lovely Portland, Ore. We offer benefits including medical, dental, vision, and IRA.
- Research, identify and document client technical requirements.
- Determine and identify appropriate technologies to be used.
- Assist with developing technical project schedules, plans, task assignments and time estimates.
- Assist in strategic planning and requirements gathering.
- Program mobile applications and build mobile web sites.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic contributor to our team.
- Actively, consistently communicate with team members about project process and progress.
- able to create a concise, clear plan of action from multiple input sources and stakeholders; flexible and responsive to changes in requirements and scope.
- self-directed; takes an ownership role of complex projects.
- strategy-focused and creative; excited to face new challenges and learn new skills.
- deadline-driven and steadfast about meeting commitments to customers.
- invigorated by learning new technologies and solving new problems.
- an excellent communicator, with the ability to comprehend and articulate technical concepts, both verbally and in writing.
- an independent learner who can quickly apply new skills productively.
- enthusiastic about the job; enjoys solving customer needs.
- a straightforward, honest, team player.
- able to effectively prioritize multiple task.
- comfortable working in a small, start-up environment.
- 3-5+ years of relevant technical experience or related background
- HTML5, XHTML, CSS
- Server- and client-side web site or application programming (more engineering than design)
- device detection for mobile web
- PhoneGap or other hybrid mobile app development
- iPhone and/or Android development
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong competency in web technologies and development
- BA/BS or equivalent
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No recruiters please.