Mobile is fast-paced and constantly changing, and we’re changing constantly along with it. Our team is built of flexible, smart folks who enjoy learning new stuff all the time and see opportunity in the challenges presented by all of those mobile devices out there (and their sometimes-finicky, inconsistent behavior).
We’re a small agency with big aspirations, focused on building mobile and web solutions for our customers. We believe in cross-platform solutions and advocate a mixture of mobile web, native, and hybrid approaches to mobile development depending on the project objectives.
Cloud Four was founded in November, 2007 by four mobile and Web enthusiasts. Our mission is to create usable, inspired mobile and web applications using standards-based technologies. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to local businesses, and our projects vary in audience and scope accordingly.
This is a full time position on-site in lovely, lively Portland, Ore. We offer benefits including medical, dental, vision, and IRA.
- Research, identify and document client technical requirements.
- Determine and identify appropriate technologies to be used.
- Assist with developing technical project schedules, plans, task assignments and time estimates.
- Assist in strategic planning and requirements gathering.
- Program mobile applications and build mobile web sites.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic contributor to our team.
- Able to create a concise, clear plan of action from multiple input sources and stakeholders; flexible and responsive to changes in requirements and scope.
- Self-directed and takes an ownership role of complex projects.
- Strategy-focused and creative; excited to face new challenges and learn new skills.
- Deadline-driven and steadfast about meeting commitments to customers.
- Excellent communicator, ability to comprehend and articulate technical concepts both internally and to customers.
- Able to learn and be productive quickly.
- Passionate about the job and enjoys solving customer needs.
- Straightforward, honest, team player.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic in a small, start-up environment.
- 3-5+ years of relevant technical experience or related background.
- Extensive experience with additional core front-end technologies (HTML5, HTML5 APIs, CSS), tools and components.
- Some programming experience in at least one additional web language: PHP and/or Ruby are ideal.
- A background of mobile web application implementation and/or experience with PhoneGap or other hybrid-native
technologies strongly preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- BA/BS or equivalent.
- Not required, but excellent:
- Native iOS or Android development
- Node.js experience
- Back-end web development experience
Interested? Send us a resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.